1. Lemon Oil Hand Spritz. Hand washing is best. doTERRA makes a foaming version with On Guard essential oil blended right in. However, when you are out and about you can pull out your little spray bottle with lemon oil and water. Spray down shopping cart handles, your hands, restaurant tables, etc. Great way to cleanse on the go. Also, takes care of any sticky kid messes great!
2. Breathe blend. For the congestion, stuffies, and general yuckiness that can settle in sometimes. For ease of use on the go, you can add a few drops of Breathe blend to a roller bottle and fill the rest of it up with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Layer it with Lime oil for added decongestive ability- have a tissue near by, it works fast!
3. The “FLU BOMB”. I’m sure you’ve heard of this combination by now. If you are new or just forgot, it’s worth repeating the recipe:
4 drops Lemon
2 drops Oregano
2 drops Melaleuca
2 drops On Guard
Place in an empty gel capsule and swallow. This knocks it out fast! Try and take this as soon as you start to feel a little “off.” Repeat it often until it’s kicked. If I feel something starting, I’ll take this every hour or so until I feel better.
For kids who can’t swallow the capsules, you can add the drops to a roller bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with Fractionated Coconut oil. Apply it every hour or so to the bottoms of the feet.
4. Homemade Cough drops and Cough Syrup. Eucalyptus oil works great to help stop coughs. Sometimes a little bit rubbed on the feet or chest is enough for relief.
doTERRA sells On Guard throat drops which are awesome to have around or keep in your bag for emergencies. They are a great line of defense to help boost the immune system.
If you want something a little more DIY, try these recipes:
Natural Honey Cough Syrup
4 drops Lemon
2 drops Clove
2 drops Clary Sage
2 drops Thyme
2 drops Ginger
1 drop Chamomile
1 drop Fennel
4 tbs Raw Honey
2 cups Distilled Warm Water
Dissolve the honey in the warm water. Don’t overheat. When combined and cool, add the essential oils. Pour into a amber glass container and store in the fridge. Shake before use. Take a spoonful or so when you need cough relief. Repeat often.
Honey Throat Drops
1 1/3 Cup Raw Honey
1 1/2 Cup Water
20 drops On Guard Essential Oil Blend
Mound stevia in a pie plate. Create rounded indentions in the stevia with the back of a small spoon. Set aside. Bring honey and water to a boil. Continue boiling until hard crack stage. Take pan off of the heat and stir. Add On Guard Essential Oil. Spoon drops of the mixture into the stevia molds. Let cool to touch. Roll drops around in the stevia till coated. Wrap in parchment paper.
5. Headaches and Fever. Peppermint and Lime are great. Apply them down the spine, on the feet, and the back of the neck. This helps bring down fever. Remember, small amounts, applied often works best.
For headaches, try Past Tense blend, peppermint, lavender, frankincense, chamomile, etc. Experiment and see what works for you. For the big ones, you can also use Deep Blue, or Wintergreen. Apply topically but don’t forget to use them aromatically too. Sometimes, just inhaling the aroma is enough to help you feel better.
6. On Guard Product Line. Products made from this blend include the oil blend itself, toothpaste, cleaning concentrate, hand wash, and throat drops. This is from the doTERRA Blog:
“In a study done at Oklahoma University, research was conducted by using On Guard Protective Blend to see it’s effectiveness on influenza virus infections. The results were staggering. Despite antibiotics not being able to treat the influenza virus, results showed that On Guard Protective Blend reduced this virus by up to 90%. The researchers concluded that On Guard plays an important role in keeping families well without harsh side effects.”Use On Guard throughout the day to keep up your immunity and reduce viruses. Just line everyone up and apply it to the feet every day. Or make everyone in your family their own On Guard roller bottle filled with a few drops of the blend and filled the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil.
Thanks to Ilovedoterra.com for the info!